Dates & Deadlines
Graduating This Spring?
If you're planning on graduating, please be sure to meet with the Undergraduate Adviser, Karen Redfield, to double-check your requirements and submit the proper paperwork. You can find a full guide to graduation by clicking here.
The Department's writing prize contest closes at 11:59 PM on March 15th. Read up on these contests on our "Scholarships" page (linked here).
Undergraduate Studies in English
The English major is one of the largest in the College of Letters & Sciences, offering dozens of courses on literature, writing, linguistics, and much more. Our multi-talented faculty and instructors are frequently rated as some of the best teachers in the University, while our exceptionally bright and diverse majors excel both as undergraduates and beyond. We offer a rigorous course of study that can be tailored to your interests and, thanks to our attention to critical thinking and writing, it can serve you in a wide variety of future fields.
Want to know more about the major? Check out these pages to learn about...
- The many ways to customize your major in English to suit your interests and expand your knowledge, from literature to creative writing to language and linguistics
- The variety of interesting, engaging, and edifying courses offered through the Department
- How to schedule an advising appointment with our warm and wonderful undergraduate adviser, Dr. Karen Redfield
- The myriad opportunities available to our students, including scholarships, internships, student groups, and study abroad trips
- How to take advantage of the Department's Career Advising services, manned by the capable and resourceful Karen Knipschild
For a full list, check out the menu on the right!